Skip to main content

Let's get back into blogging!

I've been feeling like creating media for an audience again lately. I enjoy watching YouTube videos from people making cool things, and it makes me want to do the same thing - make videos about my projects, or my thoughts on things, or ASMR - really, anything that I enjoy I've felt like I could make. But YouTube videos are a lot of work, and I don't want to build a channel. 

At the same time as this, I've been going through a journey with my relationship with social media and the internet. I find most social media to be too overpacked - I quit Instagram two years ago because I realized it wasn't making me feel good, and I don't really have or use any other social medias (except YouTube, and sometimes, Reddit). Even those two sometimes feel like too much - too much mindless consumption of media that just distracts me. Of course, sometimes I find good content that makes me think, or inspires me - that's what I wish I could find more of. As a whole, I wish my internet usage was a little more creative, and that the non-creative times would be a little more oriented towards discovering something creative that someone else has done.

So while I want to use the more mindfully, it's occurred to me that I could be creating content of the type I wish I saw more of - except that videos are a lot of work. Maybe I will get back into making videos someday, but I think an easy in-between would be blogging about things.

So here we are. Let's see how this goes!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.